Microsoft Office PowerPoint does not include the text effects for highlighting on the Format menu that come with Microsoft Office Word. You can reproduce these effects by using the Drawing toolbar, however.
- Display the slide with the text you want to show as highlighted.
- From the Drawing toolbar in the lower-left corner of the screen, choose the Rectangle tool.
- Draw a rectangle over the text you want to highlight.
- Double-click the rectangle, and, in the Format Autoshape dialog box, do the following:
- Choose the highlight color you want from the Fill color list.
- Choose 50% in the Transparency box.
- In the Line Color box, choose No Line.