KB Solution ID: SOLN560|Last Revised: September 20, 2012
File-level scanning of some email servers, backup software, gaming applications, etc. can occasionally cause abnormal system behavior. To exclude specific applications or folders from the real-time scanner, follow the step-by-step instructions below:
- Open ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus. How do I open my ESET product?
- Press the F5 key to display the Advanced Setup window.
- From the Advanced Setup tree, click Antivirus and antispyware Exclusions and then click the Add… button.
- The Add exclusion window will be displayed. Using the directory tree, browse for the folder or file you wish to exclude. The directory path will automatically display In the Exclusion: field. Click OK to save the exclusion.
- Click OK again and close the main program window. Restart your computer.
- From the Advanced Setup tree, click Antivirus and antispyware Web access protection HTTP Web browsers.
- If the application you wish to exclude is listed, double-click the corresponding check box. A red ‘X’ will appear. ClickOK to save changes—you are finished. If you do not see the application you are trying to exclude, proceed to step 3.
- Click the Add button to browse and select the .exe file of the desired application. The application will appear in the list of applications to exclude. Double-click the corresponding check box until you see a red ‘X’. Click OK to save changes.