Try it if you have a problem with “official” client. I also recommend it for any new player.
» download FOnline:2238 client «
- Download and unzip the file FOnline2238.zip
- Copy master.dat and critter.dat into data folder OR run FO2238Config.exe and in DataFiles
tab specify paths to master.dat and critter.dat.
- Where can I get master.dat and critter.dat from?
- These files are part of Fallout 2.
To get them you can buy Fallout 2 on gog.com as well as in many other places.
- OK, I have both dat files, paths are set up correctly, but I still can’t run FOnline!
- Run Updater.exe. Try both FOnline.exe and FOnlineGL.exe.
If it still doesn’t work, this thread is the best place to look for help.
be out-of-date. In such case simply run updater. If updater doesn’t work, you can get the files you
need individually from http://fonline2238.net/update/.
The official client can be downloaded from http://fonline2238.net/files/FOnline2238_Client.zip.
It’s updated automatically every hour, but more difficult to set up compared to my release.
Full list of differences between my release and official release
– Added file Readme.txt with information about Master.dat and Critter.dat.
– Added folder Manual with link to FOnline wiki.
– Added file FOnline.cfg (so you don’t have to run FOConfig.exe), differences compared to
- English language instead of Russian
- Running is enabled by default
- Fixed FPS is set to -15 instead of 100
- Server host and port is configured properly
- Updater paths are configured properly
– Added file FOnline2238.cfg (so you don’t have to run FO2238Config.exe unless you want to
have Master.dat and Critter.dat outside of data folder), differences compared to default configuration:
- Displaying player names enabled
– Added file DataFiles2238.cfg with default paths to Master.dat and Critter.dat pointing to data folder.